The vitamins suitable for the weak dog could be a starting point to help them recover from a stressful physical and psychological situation.
If your dog has always had a normal weight and suddenly, has drastically lost weight, you need to find the cause and look for a quick fix like any suitable vitamins for the weak and too skinny dog.
What your dog may be missing is you should add to his diet are probably the vitamins needed to be more energetic and to gain weight. At the same time, with vitamins, you will get more strength and energy.
The first thing you need to do is go to the vet, the doctor can recommend all the useful vitamins to the skinny dog, as well as recommending various solutions that can help you put on weight and reach the recommended weight for its breed and age.
Dog food with good fats, especially supplemented with omega 3 or fish oil, have become supplements recommended by veterinarians, not only to treat allergies, but also strengthens the dog’s body.
Signs of thinness in the dog
- Excessive hair loss.
- Lack of energy.
- Decreased appetite.
- Ribs marked.
- Hips marked.
- Spine marked.
- Lack of shine in the hair.
Lack of vitamins in dog? Why is he so skinny?
The causes of weight loss in dogs can vary widely. Among the most common are: a diet low in nutrients, the presence of parasites, the stress of the animal in a specific situation. Let’s see specifically what happens to our four-legged friend.
An inadequate poor diet
A diet that is low in nutrients or that does not contain what the dog needs is a common cause of weight loss. If you notice too much thinness in the dog, it is essential to speak with the vet to adjust the diet or enrich it with some kind of supplement.
When a dog suffers from intestinal parasites, he tends to lose weight drastically in a short period of time. The extreme thinness is caused by the fact that parasites steal nutrients every time the dog makes a meal. It is very important to carefully check the animal and see if the ribs are marked. In this case, you will need to visit the vet as soon as possible.
The stress factor linked to weight loss is usually more evident when a separation has occurred and triggers separation anxiety in the dog. Although this is one of the most difficult causes to notice, it is usually one of the most common. Changes in the environment or pet’s habits can have a negative impact on it, to the point that it stops eating due to the dog’s nervousness, stress or depression.
Vitamins suitable for thin and weak dogs
Vitamins help your dog’s body a lot since it starts processing nutrients and if a puppy doesn’t have an adequate balance of vitamins, his body will not be able to grow properly.
This is why we must change the dog’s diet, sometimes feeding a dog with the same food several times is wrong. This means that you need to invest in other products and foods such as beef, chicken, liver and other snacks at least three times a week. A dog needs vitamins suitable for the dog and these are of two different groups: vitamin C and complex of vitamins B of the water-soluble group and vitamins A, D, E and K of the fat-soluble group. Let’s see in detail what it is:
- vitamin A: good for the eyes;
- vitamin D: always helps the body absorb calcium for bone formation;
- vitamin E: always helps the body develop red blood cells;
- vitamin K: always helps the blood to clot and form protective crusts;
- Omega 3 must be of animal origin, since the dog better metabolizes that type of fat. You can find them naturally in fish oils or cooked salmon. It is not only used to improve skin health, to polish the dog’s coat or to treat allergies, but also to improve his body structure;
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B12 in particular, increases and stimulates the dog’s appetite, as well as regulating and putting into action the energy metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and proteins. The liver is one of the foods rich in Vitamin Plus B12. Eggs are also rich in vitamin B12, in addition to a good amount of vitamin A, iron, selenium and fatty acids. But you could supplement it all with a vitamin B complex, about 2 ml for a week will be enough, but everything must be supported by a veterinarian who will advise for the best. Always remember that these decisions should be made after a consultation with the doctor who follows the dog.
Expert tips before resorting to vitamins suitable for the dog
- Quality food: not the most expensive food but a complete diet that provides a balanced diet for the dog. Special food to help fatten those sick dogs that are also a good option, as they are reinforced with vitamins and minerals that your body needs.
- Meal frequency: It is important to take into account the order and fulfillment of meal times, always logically taking into account the age, race and condition of the animal.
- More appetizing meals: mix your usual food, with your favorite food, such as chicken, veal, beef or even meat broth. Introduce protein snacks.
- Water for the dog: it is essential to keep enough water for the dog. Without the necessary amount of water, the dog’s body will not be able to function properly and will not absorb adequate nutrients.
- Exercise: aims to strengthen the body and, of course, stimulate the appetite in order to gain weight until you reach your ideal weight.
- Plant enzyme: Its function is to help restore and maintain the health of the dog’s digestive system, as well as increase the amount of nutrients that the dog can absorb every time he makes a meal. The vet tends to prescribe it in the form of pills, which can be mixed together with the dog’s food.
- The benefits of fruit and vegetables for the dog: rich in antioxidant vitamins, it is recommended to administer only once a week.
- The benefits of eggs: boiled or otherwise cooked eggs, I’m rich in protein And contain many essential amino acids and fatty acids.
- The benefits of salmon oil: it is rich in essential fatty acids with Omega 3, eicosapentaenoic acid Epa and docosahexaenoic acid DHA, salmon oil has many benefits for dogs, can provide energy, help regulate the level of cholesterol and triglycerides.
- The benefits of sardines: are foods with impressive properties, contain a large amount of B vitamins, mainly B12 and B6. They also supply an impressive amount of iron and protein, something that will give the dog a lot of extra energy.
- The benefits of chicken liver and not chicken bones in dogs: chicken liver is rich in protein, fat and vitamin A. Precisely for this reason it can easily contribute to weight gain.