How to groom a cat that hates it: combing, bathing, tips Beautiful cat hair is a sign of excellent animal health. So that over time it does not fade, become fragile and does not fall out, comprehensive care is necessary. It is very important to regularly comb the cat, bathe it with special means and feed it with high-quality food.
Content of the material
Brushing out is one of the main cat grooming treatments. So the animal gets rid of excess wool, which prevents the growth of new vegetation. You need to comb the cats regularly: short-haired and smooth-haired combed once a week, and long-haired need to scratch every day.
Often, cats do not like to be washed and combed out, but if you teach a kitten to such procedures from an early age, it will not experience stress. At the end of the process, you can treat the animal with a treat and praise it.
We also recommend to read:
In order to comb the cat passed easily and painlessly, follow these guidelines:
- Combing begins with the head of the animal, gradually moving towards the front paws and chest, then the hind legs and tail.
- Special attention should be paid to the ear, chin and the transition of the paws to the body. Wool in these places often rolls and forms mats.
- Correctly comb the animal first on the fur, then against. The mats are carefully removed.
Pet stores have a large range of tools for combing cats. The choice of subject should be based on the type of animal hair. Many combs in addition to the main function also have a massage effect.
Use special shampoos
It is necessary to bathe cats periodically in order not only to preserve, but also to improve the quality of wool. Provide the right care will help two types of shampoo and conditioner.
- Cleansing shampoo Well soap wet cat hair, massage and rinse. Using a cleansing shampoo, you remove dust, dirt and excess hair from the pet’s skin.
- Special shampoo to solve various problems of wool. It can be moisturizing, structuring, nourishing and even tinted.
- Air conditioning. The last stage, necessary to improve the quality of wool. It smoothes hair, closes scales, adds shine and prevents tangling.
Do not save on cosmetics for the care of animals, give preference only to quality products. Premium class shampoos and conditioners are not cheap, but they are quite economical, as most of them need to be diluted with water when used.
Selection of proper nutrition
Many factors influence the health and appearance of a cat: proper and balanced nutrition, lack of stress and regular care.
To keep the cat’s hair for a long time shiny, healthy, not tarnish and fall out, it is necessary to choose a suitable diet for him. It should include all the necessary nutrients, vitamins A, B, E, calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. The lack of these elements adversely affects the skin and coat of the animal.
When choosing a cat food, it is necessary to take into account its age, state of health and wool. If you have any doubts about which product to prefer, consult a veterinarian. Choosing food yourself, study its composition and read thematic forums with reviews.
By following simple tips on care and nutrition, you will help your pet to maintain health and beautiful appearance. Paying special attention to the state of cat fur is important not only from an aesthetic point of view, but also for the prevention of skin diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.