Differences between an Akita Inu and a Shiba Inu – Both dog breeds are originating in Japan, both lovely and adorable dogs. But not everyone knows what is different about each other or which is which, but really yes are very different although physically they have a similarity.
Discover the differences of these two amazing dog breeds Japanese
Akita or Akita Inu
- Friendly, affectionate, loyal, worthy, receptive, vigilant, brave, docile… Akita is more easy to maintain. The Akita Inu is a athletic dog what need to exercise constantly and at a moderate intensity. It is necessary avoid aggressive games when you play with them, especially Those in possession of something.
- Are sleepers and traditionally used as a hunting dogsince they are more fierce. They need an adult to take them at bay. With a good training they can be tremendously loyal companions, what better example than the famous dog Hachiko; was an Akita and his story of loyalty and love made the whole world cry.
- Have a dense, water resistant, rigid and rough coat, what do you need brush occasionally with a rigid barbed brush. You should not bathe unless it is extremely necessary.
- They are usually very healthy dogs, and can only present the typical health problems of large breed dogs when they are old, such as hip dysplasia and / or eye problems.
The Akita have the face more like a teddy bear or a wolf
- Confident, loyal, vigilant, cheerful, friendly, active, intrepid, friendly, faithful … Also very intelligentalthough they are something difficult to train, since it is quite independent and choose the orders you want to obey. Although they are sociable, can fight with other unknown dogs if necessary. Are something better than the Akita for children to have like a pet.
- Its fur is shorter than that of the Akita Generally is rough and easy to care for. It is owed bathe only when it is extremely necessary and comb it with a rigid barbed brush.
- The Shiba Inu they need to exercise regularly, not only for your health, but to stay happy. It is a dog that needs time and dedication.
- They are usually super healthy dogs by genetics Its waterproof fur protects them from both cold and heat and can live perfectly outdoors if it has space to be. The diseases you may suffer from are related to eyesight (glaucoma and cataracts), And with the joints (hip dysplasia or dislocation of patella).
The Shiba Inu have the face more like a little fox
What differences do they have in size?
The size changes considerably between the Akitas and the Shiba-inu. The Akitas are bigger and weigh more than the Shiba-inu. In the following image we can see an approximate example of the difference between them:
We can clearly see the differences between these two dogs so great, not only because of its size:
Coconut is a virtual assistant dog (chatbot) of the race Shiba Inu. You can find it in any post of All Pets Bottom right (desktop and mobile version). Thank you for being patient with him, he is still learning! ?