Before adopting or even buying a pet, you have to keep in mind that the care needed to provide a quality life for pets goes far beyond providing water, food and a roof.
Therefore, PetsRPriority researched some of the best veterinarians recommendations on the tips on how to take good care of your pet. Check them out below:
It is the owner’s duty to protect his or her animal from the sun and rain, as well as prevent the animals from escaping or leaving on the street alone. Thus, we avoid fights, run-ins, poisonings and undesirable offspring.
Always offer a good quality feed, respecting the characteristics of each animal and age group (puppy, adult and elderly). And always make fresh and clean water available.
Castration is always advisable when you do not want a puppy. With this, we avoid overpopulation, abandonment, uterine diseases, neoplasias (cancer), prostate diseases, aggressiveness and marking of territory.
4. Rides and play
animals also need attention and care. Therefore, it is necessary to walk regularly with dogs and play with toys. In this way, we stimulate both the physical and the psychological side, helping to prevent diseases caused by stress and obesity.
Dogs and cats have a vaccination schedule according to their species and individual characteristics. Generally, the vaccination is annual and can only be performed by a veterinarian. The vaccines prevent serious diseases that can lead the animal to death, as well as diseases that can be transmitted to humans (zoonoses).
6. Control of parasites
Owners should still watch out for infestations of fleas and ticks, which can transmit serious diseases to animals and humans.
Like vaccines, worms are very important because intestinal parasites (worms) can compromise the health of animals, leading to weight loss, hair loss, anemia and zoonoses.
8. Oral hygiene
Dogs and cats also need to brush their teeth, but with specific veterinary products. Periodontal disease, in addition to causing unpleasant bad breath, impairs food, causes pain and mouth bacteria can break loose and cause injury to other organs.
9. Bathing and brushing
In dogs, it is best to bathe every 15 days. In cats, this interval should be longer. The baths should be with veterinary products and with minimal stress. During these times, you better observe your animal and thus you may notice something different or wrong.
10. Visits to the veterinarian
It is of great importance to consult the veterinarian at least once a year. Many diseases can be prevented with prevention. Always be aware of any behavior change or habit of your animal, as this can signal diseases.
How to care for animals – The Most Considerate Ways
Care for animals should be carried out every day. After all, they, like people, go to the toilet, eat, and also play. Therefore, the owner must provide his pet with all necessary.
Now in the shops you can find any items for the care of animals, they make life easier and more interesting. The main thing you need to remember: the animal should not need anything. If there is no tray in the house, for example, the animal will not be able to fully defecate. Namely: your pet will have a habit of going to the toilet in different places. At the same time the owners immediately begin to suffer the problem of the appearance of an unpleasant smell.
Preparing an apartment for a new resident
Before bringing the little animals into the apartment, you need to reliably make sure that everything is ready for the move. To do this, make a plan of action, then, stick to it to the end.
Before you buy a pet, you must make sure that everything is ready for the move.
Choose a zone of personal space – no matter you have a kitten or a fish. The main thing is that the animal has its own territory, which would rightfully be considered personal to them. Objects for the care of animals should also be personal, if you have several individuals – for each is better to buy individual items.
If it is a kitten or puppy – it can be a litter or a small ottoman, on which it will be nice to sit and sleep.
If it is a rabbit, hamster or fish, get a home for them: an aquarium or a cage. Try to make your pet feel comfortable. Only then you will have no problems with further taming.
Choose a place for the toilet – if your pet lives in a cage, then the toilet should be there. Do not allow unpleasant smell. It is noticed that if the toilet is full, the animals refuse to go to this place. All this speaks of the unprecedented cleanliness of “our younger brothers”.
Come up with entertainment – caring for pets is unthinkable without various kinds of toys.
Cats are perfect for mice and balls, for which you can chase through the house. You can make the kid run – tie a paper bow to the string. Your kitten will be very grateful to you for active games.
Dogs also adore active activities that you can do outdoors – buy balls and frisbee bowls for such entertainment.
Parrots, hamsters and rats – a lot of interesting objects were also prepared for small pets: stairs, swings, mirrors and wheels for running.
Work on the diet – you need to take care of pets in terms of food. To do this, work through all issues related to the choice of products and cooking technology.
Fence off the hazards – the last one on the list, but not by value. Find those items in the house that may present both open and hidden danger. If possible, eliminate everything that can harm your little animals.
Now everything is ready! It remains only to bring the new resident home. the next step is the arrangement in a new place.
Getting used to the new environment
Care for pets should start from the first minutes of their appearance in your home. To help the animal get comfortable, you just need not interfere. The first time you should not approach the little animal climbed into a corner. From imposed communication, he will get even more stress.
All animals get used to their owners, you only need to make friends with them smoothly and not intrusive.
Best of all, try offering him tasty food. So you show that you are ready to be friends with him. Thus, he will understand that he has nothing to fear. To care for animals correctly, you need to understand their psychology and make them feel their attention. The main thing – do not rush things. All animals get used to their owners, you just need to do everything smoothly and unobtrusively.
Learning to feed
Full animal care is impossible without a regular, and most importantly, healthy diet. Each individual needs its own approach based on the preferences of the animal. Someone likes one product more, for example, fish. But at the same time she may not like another pet.
Also it is necessary to immediately determine the daily diet. As a rule, it all depends on the size of the animal, its age and gender. If you can not do this, or you are just not sure that the diet is chosen correctly, you need to contact a specialist.
You need to give food in special bowls or feeders, as they do not contain dyes and are convenient for the animal. Before you put the product, you need to thoroughly wash the bowl. Next is to check it for possible defects.
The same goes for water. The polenki should be kept in perfect purity, and the water itself should be at least boiled. If possible, give your pet mineral water without gas. Then do not have to worry about its quality.
In order to fully take care of animals, you need to consider a few more points that should be postulated for everyone. Any denial of one of them comes down to the fact that the person is not ready to keep the animal at home.
It is necessary to look after pets every day, but not at will. There are cases when an animal appears to people as a toy. This should not be. If the owners decide to take responsibility, it must be complete.
It is necessary that the care of animals is not interrupted suddenly, that is, if you decide that you can no longer keep an animal at home (little free time, allergies, long trips, etc.), it is better to give it to the shelter, rather than throw it away. outside. A pet can never live in a wild environment, as it is accustomed to constant care and affection.
Animal Care Tips – You Should Always Remember
Here are some tips to get along with your pet:
- Family: A friend should take only joys. Before bringing an animal home, make sure that it will not because of discord and quarrels. Otherwise, everyone will suffer, especially him.
- Feeding: A well-fed animal is a happy friend. Provide appropriate food, according to the species and age of the animal. Adults should be fed twice a day, and puppies four to six times a day. Always keep fresh and clean water at your disposal. Collect the food remains from the animal’s feeder, thus avoiding the proliferation of rats, cockroaches, and ants.
- Hygiene: the dog should have a comfortable shelter, protected from sun, rain, and wind. To avoid some diseases, it is recommended to shower one month. Cats are very clean animals and do not need to shower often. And remember: every owner must collect his pet’s feces on the streets, on the sidewalks, and in the parks. It is an attitude of citizenship and obligatory by law.
- Medical Care: Your friend also needs to go to the doctor. When weaning, he should visit the veterinarian to deworm and receive the vaccines. Puppies should be vaccinated at 2, 3 and 4 months of age, and adults should be vaccinated annually with rabies vaccine and diseases of the species. Provide the worming of your animal following veterinary guidelines in this regard. And do not forget to take it to do exercises.
- Physical activities: always use a leash and guide during the tour. It is safe for the animal and for the people. If the animal is angry, also use the muzzle and avoid aggression.
- Castration: the castrated lives better and becomes more docile. Every owner can take his animal to castration, be it male or female, of race or not. Thus, you contribute to decreasing the overpopulation of animals in the city.
- Definitive Identification: the application of the microchip is a sure method of definitive identification in your animal. The size of a grain of rice, its application is simple and does not need anesthesia. By being inviolable, he guarantees the identification of his friend if he is lost, that is, robbed.
- Remember: To mistreat an animal, for any reason other than cruel, is a crime that provides for jail and fine.