Pets bring a little kindness and warmth into people’s lives, help teach children how to care for those who are smaller and weaker. Cats live next to humans for many millennia, turning during this time not only into spoiled pets, but often into full members of the family.
Is this good or not? Is it permissible to “humanize” animals, allowing them to do almost everything: eat at a common table, occupy a master’s chair and even sleep in the same bed with the owners?
Why are they doing this?
I wonder why and why cats persistently climb into bed with people? After all, loving owners and special houses for them to buy, and rugs, bedding, and even hammocks. In the end, there is always room on the mat, under a warm battery.
The reasons for this behavior of the mustachioe-striped are not always obvious, and are both completely scientifically substantiated and based on esotericism and myths.
Cats are very smart and practical creatures, for any of their behavior, even very strange, there is almost always a reasonable explanation.
Cats love to sleep with people because:
- It’s warm next to a person! These animals love heat, and, for example, the battery may be too hot.
- Sly and rather selfish creatures understand that a person chooses the best places in his home. So, they are trying by all means to get there.
- Children’s long-forgotten feelings of mom’s proximity, safety and warmth. Well, here cats can even be understood!
- The simplest explanation: cats are calmly next to their beloved owner!
Esoterics and bioenergy
Almost from the moment of taming, cats are endowed with mystical abilities: the ancient Egyptians worshiped them as gods, in the tales of the Slavic peoples there is Kot-Baiyun, kind and wise.
In fairy tales and myths of different nations, cats occupy an important place. Perhaps this is no accident:
- Cats feel unfavorable energy structures and intersection points of biofields. Trying to normalize them, they fit into the very center of such places.
- These animals are able to identify painful and problematic places in the human body and even to the best of their ability to treat them, laying next to or on the person.
They say that if a cat sleeps on his head, he wants to relieve a headache, relieve fatigue or normalize blood pressure. But perhaps they are simply striving to dominate the pack).
Meanwhile, doctors note that the temperature of the soft tissues of the human body affected by some diseases rises. Cats are able to catch this difference and lie down exactly where they need to.
It has long been noticed that cats adore to lie down on the belly of a pregnant woman, and the woman herself may not even know about her position!
It is noticed that fluffy pets like to sleep on the clothes of the owner. And this is no accident: they strive to “collect” the smell of a person onto themselves in order to be closer to him, to become a native being.
This is very moving. It turns out that cats should be allowed to sleep in the same bed with people? Not at all! In some cases, this is strictly prohibited.
Reasons for the ban
Cats should not sleep next to humans for several reasons. And here there is no place for myths and emotions, only “naked” medical contraindications:
- Categorically you can not take cats to allergies to bed with cats, even if there is no reaction to a pet yet. The key word here is bye. If the pet owner suffers from hay fever, an allergy to household dust, asthma, then anything can trigger an exacerbation, including the excretion of cat glands.
- Cats should not be allowed to sleep with young children, old people or seriously ill people. There are cases when people suffocated under the weight of a cat’s body.
- Do not forget that feline – carriers of dangerous diseases and parasites. If there is even the slightest suspicion that a cat has diseases, you cannot take her to bed!
What threatens the neighborhood
Cats, especially those that are kept in a free range and do not have vaccinations and proper care, pose a real danger to human health. They can give owners very unpleasant “gifts”:
- Ringworm. The disease is highly contagious and requires a very long treatment.
- Toxoplasmosis. Extremely dangerous for pregnant women, as it causes irreversible disturbances in the development of the fetus. It is worth noting that most people who have contact with cats have had this disease since childhood and have antibodies to its causative agent, but when planning a pregnancy, it is better to take appropriate tests.
- Pasteurellosis is a serious infectious disease.
- Various kinds of fungal diseases.
Even if the cat is domestic, you need to pay enough attention to it, take vaccinations and consult a veterinarian if:
- The animal suddenly began to fall out
- A rash appeared
- The cat began to sneeze, her temperature rose
- A lot of dirt has accumulated in the animal’s ears
- Eye discharge appeared
- Diarrhea and / or vomiting has begun.
Love your pets and be healthy!