He was called Rocco, he was only 5 months old and tragically died in his home. His owners are keen to remind all dog owners of a very important thing, who responded with photos of their dogs without a collar …
A collar can undoubtedly be very useful for finding a lost dog. But it can become a deadly danger for your 4-legged friend. Adrian James he discovered it too late and in a tragic way. On a Facebook group of Border Terrier lovers, he announced the death of his partner Rocco, 5 months, sharing his pain. When the members of the page, shocked after watching Rocco grow up thanks to the shots published regularly by his master, wanted to know what had happened to him, Adrian recounted the terrible circumstances of the drama.
A tragic accident
Rocco was found by his mother, hanging from the collar on the kitchen door. He had probably tried to jump but his collar got stuck in the handle and could not get rid of it. On the web, hundreds of people have expressed their condolences and supported poor Adrian. Then, something very exciting happened. To honor his memory, owners have started posting photos of their collared dogs on social media. leaning close, with the hashtag #collarsoffforrocco (without collar for Rocco).
But much more than a tribute to little Rocco, this move was also a way for all owners to raise awareness of the dangers of the collar, remembering that it is preferable to remove it once at home.
« Does your dog need a collar at home? Of course not. It is an invisible danger and few think about it. Please think about it to avoid having moments like the ones we spent with my family »Explains Adrian’s sister to the newspaper The Metro Sally.